Top 10 Lowest Paying Jobs In Kenya and Their Salaries 2023
What’s the lowest paid jobs in Kenya in this current financial year?.
What’s the Salary Range in Kenya?
Salaries in Kenya range from 35,000 KES per month (minimum salary) to 650,000 KES per month (maximum average salary, actual maximum is higher).
The median salary in the country is 140,000 KES per month, which means that half (50%) of the population (Kenyans) are earning less than 140,000 KES while the other half are earning more than 141,000 KES.
Jobs in Kenya typically pay very well compared to the same job occupation in different African countries.
As a matter of fact, Kenya itself is among the top highest paying countries in Africa and the top highest paying country in East Africa.
At the same time, there are a few job occupations in the country that pay the least amount of salary.
In this article, we have listed down Kenya’s lowest-paid jobs as of this year that pay nothing more than 30,000 Kenyan shillings (on average).
With that being put across, here are the least paying jobs today ranked in no particular order and their average monthly salary in Kenya this year.
Kenya’s Lowest-paying Jobs:
- Watchman — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh 10,000
- Office Messenger — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh 15,000
- Office receptionist — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh 20,000
- Police officer — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh30,000
- Primary School Teacher — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh 20,000
- Maid — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh 5,000
- Supermarket attendant — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh25,000
- Construction worker — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh30,000
- Loaders/off loader — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh 20,000
- Drivers — Average Salary Per Month: Ksh35,000
Other low paying jobs in Kenya include
Customer Care personnels and other related fields.
In Kenya, salary may vary depending on experience, gender and the company one works for and for how long.